Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Easy Chicken Stew

This recipe is so quick & easy.  As a working mom and getting kids off to school, I need quick meals that get it done and taste great.  This is so healthy and the family loves it!

-4 Frozen or Fresh Chicken Thighs*
-3 Organic Carrots Sliced
-3 Stalks of Organic Celery Sliced
-4 Small Potatoes Cut in large cubes
- 1/2 -1 Onion Sliced
-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2-4 Tablespoons Seasonings
- 3 Cups of Water*
 Tasty Seasoning Mix I use!



Put all the ingredients in the crockpot and then load with seasonings!  I use a combination blend of basil, salt, paprika, black pepper, garlic, and bay leaves.  Add 3-4 Cups of Water to crockpot.  Cook in your crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours, depending on size of your crockpot. Towards the end of cooking, I add more seasonings to taste and sometimes a splash of Worchestire sauce and BAM - add hot sauce to your own for a double BAM BAM!!
This is so yummy for any warm meal and quick for a Mom/Dad on the go! AND is a must in my house if anyone gets sick- I just minimize the potatoes and add more water to make lots of broth for sipping.

 * In place of 1-2 Cups of water, I sometimes add 1 can Italian Stewed Tomatoes- major flavor booster!
* A couple chicken tenderloins can be substituted for the a couple chicken thighs to cut the fat.   

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment