Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Immunity Arsenal- Overtraining

I went to the fit expo in Los Angeles and the next day guess what?  I overdid my workout AND to top it off I got a cold to fight off, yikes! I still say there was too many people there and that means more germs floating around.  Well, that's not all, not only did I over train, I took overtraining to the next level. The next day following my workout and feeling just a little dumpy, I did sprints uphill to exhaustion.  Moral of the Story, don't get too excited and overdo your workouts. Work out moderately and build up!  So, here is my Immunity Arsenal to get over this cold bug and heal my body from over training:

- Echinacea Golden Seal 3x per day (Herbfarm brand)
- Fresh Carrot Juice with high nutrient veggies including celery and red peppers daily
- Herbal tea fusion with lemon, fresh ginger, and cayenne*
-My Chicken Soup with extra garlic



The health benefits of cayenne are incredible!

Continuing to eat those balanced meals when you are exhausted and fighting a cold is Challenging. You have to keep it going and feed your body. The body is trying to recuperate, so food and those vitamin packed nutrients are essential. Get up and start today!

Here are my directions for the herbal tea fusion.  Get fresh ginger and peel and slice at least an inch of the root and lightly boil in a cup of water for just about a minute.  Let steep for a couple minutes then remove the ginger. Add lemon squeeze.  Add a dropper full of cayenne tincture. This is incredibly potent and is not for the weak taste buds, after the first taste- it's not so bad, really!  I feel immediate relief after sipping this tea.

Stay well! Lesson learned- no overtraining- no one to blame but yourself. Taking off work for sick days is no fun, especially when you are self-employed. :-)

Liz
 


1 comment:

  1. Adisa farms goat milk which is 100% Pure Fresh Natural Raw milk. Unprocessed, unadulterated, no preservatives. Goat milk from Happy Goats grazing on natural grazing pastures and fed on in house grown naturally grown grass. Our Happy Goats are free from any type of artificial feed, packaged feed, chemicals and any type of artificial methods of increasing milk production including
    production infusing hormones.

    Benefits of Goat Milk

    1. Helps in building strong bones
    2. Acts as a skincare antidote
    3. Improves nutrient uptake efficiency
    4. As a metabolism booster
    5. Helpful in protecting heart
    6. Boosts immunity
    7. Improves growth and development
    8. Helps in weight loss
    9. Improves blood platelets
    10.Anti-inflammatory properties

    For more visit here:-
    https://adisafarms.com/Goat-Milk-1Ltr-/p/69

    ReplyDelete