Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Goat Milk Babies

The perfect substitution for baby formula that worked for me and I share with anyone that is open to it. When I had my babies, I was a working Mom. So, naturally I tried to breastfeed as long as possible but that didn't last long.  After a couple of months, I had to find a solution.  After seeing my friends and families babies constantly sick and on antibiotics, etc. I was not comfortable with the current baby formulas that were on the market. I needed a natural solution.  I researched and found that Goat's Milk is highest in calcium and easiest milk to digest and is the closest milk on earth that is close to a mother's milk.  After further research, I finally found a baby's formula!  I don't remember the book I sourced it, it was 16 years ago.  However, the recipe was Unpasteurized Goat's Milk & Carrot Juice.
I was not comfortable with 'unpasturized' and that just wasn't an option.  So, this is what I did:
 Organic Goat's Milk 
Organic Carrot Juice
Baby Vitamin Drops (from the health food store)

I made the Organic Carrot Juice fresh whenever possible and had frozen the juice in an ice cube tray for convenience.  Not only is the alternative baby formula labor intensive (it is worth it for the health of the baby) but it is also expensive.  So, I usually resorted to the canned goat milked since that is less expensive than refrigerated boxed goat milk.  Thank God, to this day, my sixteen and fourteen year old have NEVER had an antibiotic!!  The brand pictured above is what my kids grew up on (the carton tastes much better than the cans!).

Summerhill goat milk, available at Trader Joes, is very tasty and I purchased their brand while the kids were toddlers. Want to know more about all the great benefits of goat's milk vs. cow's milk?  Visit Mt. Capra website for the benefits and more products.  I love sharing my story and hope it helps more Mom's & babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment